Thursday, February 14, 2008

Smarty Pants


Dear Alex:

I was so proud of you today. I helped with the Valentine's Day party for your kindergarten class today. When I got there one of the little boys grabbed your hand and pulled you over to where I was standing. He was so excited and said to me, "Watch what Alex can do!" He pointed to a conversation heart decoration on the wall and you said, "Cute Stuff, " reading it perfectly. He pointed to another and you said, "Forever." Then another, and you said, "True Love." This went on through a few more hearts, all of which you read with ease. Your classmates were looking on in amazement. You seemed totally unphased. It's good to be humble.


I also found out today that you are involved in the accelerated program at school. I don't know much about it yet, but I'm glad to see the school is recognizing your talent and that they are trying to encourage and challenge you academically.


Stay tuned readers....Alex's Talent Show Adventures will be coming soon.


~Mom on the Edge

1 comment:

GatorMommy said...

Whooo-Hooo, Alex! You're so smart! I'm so glad your friends are proud of you for that. I know your Mommy and Daddy are. :D