Sunday, October 7, 2007

Birthday wishes to follow soon...


Dear Alex:


Today was your 6th birthday and we had a really fun day. There is so much that I want to say to wish you a happy birthday, but right now I'm a little overwhelmed realizing that my own mom has now missed as many of your birthdays as she was here to share. Somehow that feels like a big thing to me tonight. She loved you so much and so wanted to watch you grow up. She loved your birthdays, too. She would take you to Toys R US and buy you every toy you pointed to. This has been such an exciting time for you...starting kindergarten, turning 6, you have 4 loose teeth! Sometimes it just hits me kind of hard that she's not here for it. So, forgive me for not writing your birthday message tonight. I want to be able to give it the focus it deserves. I love you so much, my big girl. Sweet dreams.


~Mom

3 comments:

Le Synge Bleu said...

I get it. And I am sending sooo much love.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to send some (((HUGS))), too.

Bridget

~Becky said...

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. :)