Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy (belated) birthday to my little princess!


Dear Alex:


Six years have gone by in a flash. Suddenly you're this bright, beautiful, sarcastic, wonderful girl. You are so intelligent, so kind to others (with the exception of your little brother) and so eager to learn. Your favorite subject these days seems to be science, especially entomology and astronomy. You're definitely Daddy's little girl.


You have grown to be a fantastic daughter, sister, student, friend, neighbor...you're just so interested in the welfare of others. You're always looking for ways to make someone's day brighter. I'm so proud of the person you're becoming.


It amazes me every day how smart you are. You're reading Level 2 readers. You can solve basic addition problems in your head. You have an incredible grasp on science. I sometimes think you know more about space and nature than I do. It all seems to come so easy to you. None of this has been taught in school yet. It's all been a matter of you wanting to learn. I hope you keep that thirst for knowledge. It's incredible.


You are a special little girl. Always remember that. I love you so much. Just keep being you. Happy birthday, baby.
~Mom

1 comment:

Pearson said...

Happy birthday Roo. You're such a wonderful daughter. I love you.