Sunday, January 27, 2008

Expensive tastes


Dear technology industry:

Can you find a cheaper way to make these new gadgets so they don't cost so much in the stores? My daughter has an eye for technology. She gets that from her dad. It seems that at 6 years old, she's already outgrown the average $10 Littlest Pet Shop set, $15 Barbie and $20 board game.

For Christmas the only thing she wanted was a Wii. She insisted that Santa was bringing her that Wii. Lucky for us Santa won a Wii in a raffle at work. Over Thanksgiving, Uncle JuJew (or JewJew, JuJu, JewJu...whatever you prefer) taught her how to use his i-phone. She insisted that she had to have one. Not happening.

Tonight we had the following conversation...


Alex: I think you should buy me a Blu-ray DVD player for my room.

Me: Oh really?

Alex: Yeah, don't you know that Blu-ray DVDs hold way more stuff on them and they don't get scratches, so we can't ruin them. You'd have to be stupid not to have one.

Me:

Alex: I'm totally getting one...


Hmmmm.... $50 Philips DVD player for my 6 year old's bedroom or $500 Sony Blu-ray DVD player for my 6 year old's bedroom? I think I'll just remain stupid for now.


~Mom on the Edge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should send her to summer camp at my parents' house. She and my dad would be pals. He always buys the latest and greatest... I think she'd give him a run for his money in the knowledge department. I am lol as I think about a conversation between the two.