Friday, September 21, 2007

Don't you have a pick-up service or something?


Dear public library:


I know, I know...our books are late, all 17 of them. I have no idea what kind of astronomical fees I've incurred, but maybe you could take a page from the Blockbuster playbook. NO LATE FEES! We could take it a step further and you could just mail me 3 books at a time. I can return them at my leisure (what a funny concept that is...leisure). I'm guessing you're not going to be very interested in that sort of give and take.


If only you understood what a day in my life was like maybe you would see that such deadlines are pretty unattainable. You think I can find time TWICE in one month to make it to the library? I barely have time to shower and shave my legs twice in a month!!!


Can't we find some sort of a compromise?


~Mom on the Edge

No comments: