Sunday, September 16, 2007

Safety scissors...not so safe for hair


Dear Fiskars:


I would like to lodge a complaint. A pair of your safety scissors snuck into my daughter's bedroom today and viciously attacked her beautiful hair! I should press charges, but my daughter has remained tight-lipped about the scissor's involvement. As is the case in many abusive relationships, she seems to be blaming anyone and everyone else.


"No, it wasn't the scissors. Please don't take them away. It was this piece of plastic that was under my bed."


"It wasn't the scissors, really! It was a DVD that cut my hair."


"I promise it wasn't the scissors, I ripped my own hair out."


It sounds all too familiar. The victim blames themselves and those around her, but never the true abuser. I know it was the scissors. I found them, hiding under the bed...still holding clumps of my daughter's hair. Be glad she's not talking...
~Mom on the Edge

1 comment:

Chaffy said...

Oh no Becky! Did you get any pics of the victim? I see you've posted the mug shot of the perpetrator...good for you! It'll warn others out there of those fiendish ways!

BTW, Kristi was also attacked when she was 4. Luckily, we got a restraining order and put a quick end to that. :)