Thursday, September 13, 2007

Have It Your Way


And speaking of the Redskins...

Dear Jason, the Burger King cashier:

Thank you so much for making my son the happiest kid in town. When we ordered his kid's meal with a new BK mini NFL jersey included as a prize, my 3 year old son (a HUGE Redskins fan) naturally assumed he would be getting a Redskins mini jersey. Imagine his disappointment when he pulled out a Carolina Panthers mini jersey instead. He was devastated. But when he turned to you and asked if you had a Redskins jersey instead, my heart nearly broke. This being a Redskins town, I thought the odds of that were pretty slim. But you, Jason, came through for my son. You told him, "hang tight for a minute, little man." Then you left the restaurant, leaving Sam completely confused. When you reappeared carrying the mini jersey that you had secured for yourself and handed it over to Sam, he nearly burst with excitement and squealed, "it's the Redskins, Mom! I told you I can have the Redskins!"

He may not know how wonderful a thing you did, Jason. But I do. I hope you get a replacement mini jersey from one of those boxes. And even if you don't, remember you're one little guy's hero. Thanks.

~Mom on the Edge

3 comments:

Chaffy said...

That's just freakin awesome!!! Becky you need to contact that kid's manager and tell him about that....and then whoever is over the manager ....and then well, shoot, just go all the way up to the President of BK. :)

Anonymous said...

Who could say no to that sweet face...I know I can't!

Anonymous said...

That's really awesome...what a great kid. And the kid at BKs was nice, too. ;-)

Bridget