Monday, September 17, 2007

Hi Jack, I'm Annette. You're doing it wrong. (South to drop off, moron!)


Dear dads at my daughter's school:


I really hate to generalize, and I'm sure you're wonderful fathers. But I'm also sure you're NOT wonderful carpoolers! When dropping off your kids in the drop off circle at the school, you may have noticed there is a line of cars (with moms driving them) waiting patiently for their turn in the circle. You've probably noticed several of us waving at you (well, maybe "waving" isn't the right word, so much as gesturing?) as you fly past our block-long line of mini vans and station wagons, and jump in front of whoever's supposed to enter the circle next. I'm sure whatever you have planned for your morning is infinitely more important than the plans of the rest of us. And I'm sure your child is just that much more special than the rest of our kids. But I'm giving you fair warning right now that one of these days some frazzled mom who's lacking in patience and sleep is going to jump out of her vehicle and go totally road rage on your ass. I'm just saying...
~Mom on the Edge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wear a disguise if it's you - we don't wanna have to see your mugshot on the news. All the questions from the kids - "Why is Alex's mommy in jail, Mommy?" ROFL

Bridget